Students must adhere to the following:
- Attendance is mandatory for all days the class is in session.
- No student will be permitted to enter class after 15 minutes late. After 15 minutes late, the student will be considered absent for the class.
- Students may not leave the building between classes.
- Students are not permitted to leave a class without a hall pass.
- All classroom assignments must be completed to receive academic credit.
- All students must adhere to the Summer School Grading Policy to receive course credit.
For Middle School, Summer School classes will meet as follows:
July 5 - August 10 (Monday through Thursday only)
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Additional Academic Support: (For 7th Graders moving to 8th Grade)
July 5 - August 2 (Monday through Thursday) Room 250 at Francis Lewis High School
- 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
- Lead Teacher: Ms. Coffey, Support Teachers: Mr. Zhang and Mr. Silaco
August 28 - August 31 (Monday through Thursday) at East-West School
- 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Living Environment (**for students who did not attend in July)
- 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Teachers: Mrs. Rengifo (8/28-8/30) and Mr. Zhang (8/31)
For High School 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade Students Summer School classes will meet as follows:
July 5 - July 25 (Monday through Thursday only)
- Period 1 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- Period 2 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Period 3 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
July 26 - August 15 (Monday through Thursday only)
- Period 4: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- Period 5: 10:00 AM - 12:00PM
- Period 6: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Please make sure you are present and on time for your classes.
All Regents Exams will take place on August 16, and August 17, 2017
The Regents calendar will be available on the first day of classes.
Grading Policy Percentages:
60 % from class grade given by teacher (Includes classwork/participation)
40 % from Exams and Quizzes
If you are late to class, your classwork grade will be negatively impacted.
East-West Summer Office at Francis Lewis High School: Room #257, 718.281.3705
Summer Staff: Mr. Cromer, Principal, Mr. Bantz, AP, Mr. Kleiman, AP, Support Staff