News and Updates
Please see important updates, including information about reopening, health screenings, and more:
- Read the Latest Chancellor's Letter to Families
- UPDATE October 1: Blended Learning starts for all students. Students whose families selected 100% Remote Learning will continue to learn remotely every day.
- Student Schedules:
Low-Cost Internet Options for Families
There are several free or low-cost internet options available to New York City students and families.
The following internet carriers are offering free household Wi-Fi or special accommodations for 60 days:
- Charter Communications/Spectrum
More information can be found in the official DOE announcement about free and low-cost internet options.
Learning Preference Survey
The Learning Preference Survey will remain open so that families can continue to opt into remote-only learning as they prefer. Families that do not respond to the survey will be programmed for in-person instruction based on the model selected by the school.
- The Learning Preference Survey Form: https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference
- For more information on Choosing Remote Instructions for the Fall: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/choosing-remote-instruction-for-fall
Technical Support for Families
The DOE Help Desk is receiving an enormous volume of calls related to DOE-issued devices. To ensure you get support quickly, submit a technical support request through the DOE tech support website.
Stay up-to-date on messages from the Department of Education regarding school reopening, school year calendar, health screenings, and more...
We have been working hard to refine our practices for remote learning in order to ensure that our students have every opportunity to have...