News and Updates
Please see important updates, including information about school closure/reopening, health screenings, and more:
Middle School Schedule Updates: Starting on Monday, March 1, Middle School blended learners attend on the following days:
- 6th Grade: A + C Days
- 7th Grade: B + C Days
- 8th Grade: A + B Days
- All remote students will continue with their online classes.
Virtual Awards Night: 2/25 (following the February PTA meeting)
Now, more than ever, it is important to celebrate our successes! East-West School of International Studies and the PTA are excited to announce that we will be hosting our first ever Virtual Awards Night on Thursday, February 25, 2021. We understand the challenges that both students and families have faced during remote learning, and we want to take this time to celebrate your determination, resilience, and accomplishments in this new normal! PTA will also be presenting awards to staff to honor their dedication.
- 6:00 - 6:30 PM: Join the virtual PTA Meeting for school updates and to voice your ideas and question!
- 6:30 - 7:30 PM: Join the Virtual Awards Night Webinar to celebrate our students!
- View the announcement for more information, including links to both events
Request to Remove Number Grade from GPA 要求从GPA中删除分数
- This applies ONLY to MP4 grades for Fall 2020 for students in grades 9-12. 这仅适用于2020年春季面向9-12年级学生的MP4成绩
- For more information, please view the announcement
- To complete the form, please follow this link to the Google form
Important Dates, Deadlines, and Information for 8th Graders: High School Application Process
- 12/21 - 1/15: Specialized High School Test registration
- 1/27: Special High School Test | Please refer to the announcement for important information
- 1/18 -2/22: High School Applications submissions | Please view the informational presentation and video tips from Mr. Diaz about the application process
- 3/1: Deadline for High School Applications
Low-Cost Internet Options for Families
There are several free or low-cost internet options available to New York City students and families.
The following internet carriers are offering free household Wi-Fi or special accommodations for 60 days:
- Charter Communications/Spectrum
More information can be found in the official DOE announcement about free and low-cost internet options.
Technical Support for Families
The DOE Help Desk is receiving an enormous volume of calls related to DOE-issued devices. To ensure you get support quickly, submit a technical support request through the DOE tech support website.
Coming back to school as a blended learner? Review the health and safety protocols we will be following this school year.
Stay up-to-date on messages from the Department of Education regarding school reopening, school year calendar, health screenings, and more...