News and Updates
Please see important updates, including information about reopening, health screenings, and more:
- **10/9 UPDATE**:Read the Letter to Families from Principal Cromer (PDF in English and Chinese)
- **10/7 Update**Read the Latest Chancellor's Letter to Families Regarding Families in Impacted ZIP Codes. Letters are also available as PDFs in English, Spanish, and Chinese
- Testing in Schools: In an effort to continue to keep everyone safe this school year, the DOE has partnered with NYC Health + Hospitals, NYC Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene and the NYC Test & Trace Corps to arrange for random monthly testing for students and staff for COVID-19 infection.
- Student Schedules:
- Middle School Schedule
- *NEW* High School Synchronous Schedule
- Synchronous Schedule for Students Learning from Home
Low-Cost Internet Options for Families
There are several free or low-cost internet options available to New York City students and families.
The following internet carriers are offering free household Wi-Fi or special accommodations for 60 days:
- Charter Communications/Spectrum
More information can be found in the official DOE announcement about free and low-cost internet options.
Learning Preference Survey
The Learning Preference Survey will remain open so that families can continue to opt into remote-only learning as they prefer. Families that do not respond to the survey will be programmed for in-person instruction based on the model selected by the school.
- The Learning Preference Survey Form: https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference
- For more information on Choosing Remote Instructions for the Fall: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/choosing-remote-instruction-for-fall
Technical Support for Families
The DOE Help Desk is receiving an enormous volume of calls related to DOE-issued devices. To ensure you get support quickly, submit a technical support request through the DOE tech support website.
Coming back to school as a blended learner? Review the health and safety protocols we will be following this school year.
Stay up-to-date on messages from the Department of Education regarding school reopening, school year calendar, health screenings, and more...