Updates (April 2020)
- 4/2/20 Updates:
- School-Wide Google Classroom for Attendance: view the announcement for more information
- Family Tools & Tips for Remote Learning
- 3/28/20: Letter to Families about Department of Health Guidance on COVID-19
- State Exam Cancellations
As of 3/25/2020, the only New York State exam cancellations that affect East-West students are:
- Grades 6-7 State Math Exam (canceled for 2019-2020 School Year)
- Grades 6-8 ELA State Exam (canceled for 2019-2020 School Year)
- Grades 6-8 NYSESLAT Exam (for English Language Learners only, canceled for 2019-2020 School Year)
- For more information and translations, please view the announcement
Free Meals For All NYC Children
The New York City Department of Education is committed to making three free meals available daily for all NYC children - Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 1:30 pm at locations across the city. Visit www.schools.nyc.gov/freemeals to learn more and find a location.
Free Wi-Fi Information available to Parents
Please call Spectrum – (844)-488-8390 and Optimum (866)-200-9522 - both are offering a package for free internet for students or new customers.
Devices for Students
If your NYC public school student needs a device for remote learning, please visit: coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices
- The 8th Grade Trip to Washington DC has been cancelled. For more information, please visit the announcement page.
- The Senior Trip has been cancelled.
Please join us celebrating Lunar New Year and enjoy delicious Chinese, Japanese and Korean food! Date: Monday, February 3rd Time: 8 AM ...
Summer Bridge 2019 August 29th 8AM - 2PM Enjoy a day of: • A scavenger hunt to help you navigate East-West on your first few days. • Ice...