The Discipline Code is also known as the Citywide Behavioral Expectations to Support Student Learning. It:
- Is age-specific with one set for grades K-5 and another for grades 6-12.
- Explains the standards for behavior in the New York City public schools.
- Describes supports, interventions, and disciplinary responses that schools can use when students demonstrate unwelcome behavior.
- Explains how you can appeal decisions.
- Includes the K-12 Student Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
The Discipline Code is available in multiple languages on the DOE Website; please see links below:
- Discipline Code - English
- Discipline Code - Chinese
- Discipline Code - Spanish
- Discipline Code - Addtional Translations
Downloadable PDFs of the Letters to Families related to the Discipline Code are available at the bottom of the page. Click on the link to open,