At East-West, our goal is to prepare students with the habits and skills which will lead them to success in university. For a new public school, we have a high number of students going on to university. We want all our students to go on to university, and not just here in New York City. We want to send our graduates to the small liberal arts colleges like Colgate and Vassar, and to the large name schools like Duke, Oberlin, Boston University, and Columbia. To do this requires strategic planning.
It is not possible to fund all the needs of our school with the budget that we receive from the Department of Education. Thus, we invite you to invest in East-West.
Areas of Need
- Technology hardware and software ($1,000 per item) Support excellent instruction
- Scholarships for seniors ($500 per student) Support graduating seniors college matriculation
- Drop-Out Prevention Program ($500 per year per student)
- Class Trips ($100 per student) Support Co-curricular Learning Opportunities
- College Visits ($50 per student) Support trips for college visits in grades 9 - 12.
- China Exchange Program ($1,500 per student)
- Eighth Grade Trip to Washington DC ($400 per student)
- Extra-curricular Programming ($100 per student)
LITERATURE AND THE ARTS
- Fine Arts Department (Three productions costing $1,500 each)
- Building our classroom libraries ($500 per classroom)
- Professional Development ($500 per faculty member)