Students will receive COVID home kits in school on Thursday, April 14.
When should my child take the home tests?
• Please help your child take one of the COVID home tests provided on the evening of Saturday, April 23.
• Then help your child take the second home test 24 hours later, on the evening of Sunday, April 24.
• If your child tests negative on both tests and feels well, they should come to school on Monday, April 25.
• Please note that if your child has recovered from a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 90 days, they do not need to take a test and should attend school on Monday, April 25, as long as they are feeling well.
What should I do if my child tests positive on one of the tests?
• Kindergarten and older: Please inform your school (email firstname.lastname@example.org with student's name an cohort as well as a photo of the positive test result) and isolate your child at home for five days. Your child may return to school on the sixth day if they have no symptoms or their
symptoms are improving (including being fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication). Your child must wear a well-fitting mask while at school through the tenth day after their positive test.
• For all ages: Please remember that if your child tests positive, your child is entitled to asynchronous remote learning and Office Hours for the duration of your child’s isolation period.
Please refer to our COVID-19 Guidance Charts, available at schools.nyc.gov/2022Health for additional steps to take if your child tests positive.
Where can I find instructions about the test kit?
• The test kits come with printed instructions that you should follow when administering the test. You can also watch videos in multiple languages on how to use your test kit at schools.nyc.gov/HomeRapidTestKits.