- Dear East-West Parents and Guardians,The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) will hold its first meeting of the 2011-12 school year on Saturday, October 1st at 10:00 A.M. Please do join us and start off the new academic year by joining the East-West School community for this meeting.Our meeting will begin with a complimentary breakfast buffet. The business portion of the meeting is intended to give parents tools and information they can use to help their children get the most from their education. We will cover news and information specific to East-West from the PTA, Principal Mr. Sherman and Assistant Principal Ms. Panday. We will also be conducting our annual membership drive. If you are parents of newly enrolled students, you will find our meetings to be an essential means for gathering information concerning your new school and meeting parents who can share their experiences with you.Parents of 8th graders are especially encouraged to attend this October 1 session as, Mr.Diaz, our Middle School Guidance Counselor, will be hosting a meeting that will be held immediately after the general meeting for parents of 8th graders in order to provide information and answer questions regarding:• The High School admissions process• The specialized high school admissions exam• How to fill out the applicationAnd finally, we always allow plenty of time for a question and answer period so that the concerns of the parents can be addressed by the school administration.We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, October 1, 2011.Sincerely,PTA Executive BoardEast-West School of International Studies
- EnglishGood Evening. This is the East-West School of International Studies calling with an exciting announcement. We are inviting all parents to attend our Rachel’s Challenge assembly on Friday, September 23rd, from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Space is limited. Please visit our website at www.ewsis.org for more details about our assembly.Thank you and have a good evening.SpanishEsto es la escuela East West de internacionales llamando con un anuncio emocionante. estamos invitando a todos los padres a asistir a nuestros Asamblea de Rachel's Challenge el veintitres de septiembre a las siete de la noche. se serviran refrescos. El espacio es limitado Para obtener más información, visite nuestro sitio Web www.ewsis.org.Chinese您好! 這裏是東西方國際學習學校打來告訴您一個令人興奮的消息。我們摯誠的邀請所有的家長來參加星期五，九月二十三日，七點到八點，Rachel's Challenge 的集會。會後備 有茶點招待。坐位有限，請到學校網站查閱更多有關此集會的消息。學校網址是www.ewsis.org. 謝謝您!並祝您有個愉快的夜晚。
Good Evening, This is the East-West School of International Studies calling with an important announcement. Please review your child’s program as some students will be receiving academic support from 2:08 p.m. 2:45 p.m. or an 8th grade advisory program to support them with the high school application process. If you have missed any portion of this message, please visit our website at www.ewsis.org. Thank you and have a good evening.
Buenas noches, esto es el East-West School of International Studies llamando con un anuncio importante. Revisa el programa de su hijo como algunos estudiantes recibirán apoyo académico de 2:08 pm 2:45 pm o un programa de asesoramiento de grado 8 a apoyarlos con el proceso de solicitud de alta escuela. Si han perdido cualquier porción de este mensaje, visite nuestro sitio Web en w, w, w, punto e, w, s, i, s punto o, r, g. Muchas gracias y tener una buena noche.
您好! 這裹是東西方國際學習學校打來通知您一個重要的訊息。請查看您孩子的課程表, 因為在兩點零八分到兩點四十五分有些學生需要接受課業輔導或者學習如何申請高中。如果您錯過此消息的任何部分，請查閱學校網站，學校網址是www.ewsis.org 謝謝您!並祝您有個愉快的夜晚
- June 28th is the last day for all East-West students. Middle school students will attend period zero to three classes (7:50 AM - 11:05 AM). Report cards will be distributed to students during their period one class. Report cards will only be withheld due to unpaid school fees (lost textbooks, lunch money, etc.).Please click on our Summer 2011 tab to discover the many activities available during the summer!
- Minerva Sabas, PresidentRita Rose Lopez, Vice PresidentFrederick So, TreasurerDenise Eng, Secretary
"Hello, this is the East-West School of International Studies calling with an important message. Parents and Families, please join us for our first East West Musical The 25th annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Performances begin at 7pm on Wednesday and Thursday May 25th and May 26th. Tickets are $3 for students and $5 for adults. Please note that this production is not suitable for children under the age of 11.If you have missed any portion of this message, please visit our website at www.ewsis.org. Thank you and have a pleasant evening.
"Hola, esto es la escuela de estudios internacionales llamando con un mensaje importante.Los padres y familias, únase a nosotros para nuestro primer East West Musical el 25 anual Putname County Spelling Bee. Actuaciones comienzan a las 7 pm el miércoles y el jueves 25 de mayo y el 26 de mayo. Las entradas están $3 para estudiantes y $5 para adultos. Tenga en cuenta que esta producción no es adecuada para los niños menores de 11 años si han perdido cualquier parte de este mensaje, visitan nuestro sitio Web en www.ewsis.org. Muchas gracias y tener una noche agradable
您好! 這裹是東西方國際學習學校打來告訴您一個重要的消息。 家長及家庭成員們， 請來觀賞學校第一屆的音樂劇， 劇名是 "The 25th Annual Putname County Spelling Bee"。 音樂劇演出時間是五月二十五日(星期三)以及五月二十六日(星期四)晚上七點。門票價學生三元, 成人五元。請注意， 這個音樂劇不適合十一歲以下的小孩觀賞。 如果您錯過此消息的任何部分, 請查閱學校網站，學校網址是www.ewsis.org. 謝謝您! 並祝您有個愉快的夜晚。
May 16, 2011
Dear Parents and Guardians,
In order to ensure that our students have optimal testing conditions during Regents Week, we are cancelling classes for all middle school students on June 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24. This decision was made collaboratively by the UFT, PTA, and the SLT. Only students who are scheduled to take a Regents Exam will be present on these testing dates.
I apologize for any inconvenience that this change in schedule may cause. But cancelling classes is necessary in order to ensure that students taking the June Regents exams have a quiet and appropriate environment in which to take the exam. Teachers will provide middle school students with homework packets that they can work on at home. Thank you for your support and patience.
我們決定在六月 十五日，十六日，十七日，二十日，二十一日，二十二日， 二十三日，以及二十四 日取消初中部所有的課程。這是由聯邦教師聯合會，家長會， 以及學校領導團隊所 做的決定。 只有被安排在這幾天參加紐約州考試的學生才會到校參加考試。
為了確保學生參加六月 份紐約州的考試能有一個安靜及舒適的環境，取消上課是必須的。 老師們會為初中 部學生們準備家庭作業。謝謝您的支持及耐心。
"Hello, this is the East-West School of International Studies calling with an important message. Our next PTA meeting will be held this Saturday May 14, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. Please join us for a delicious Mother's Day Breakfast Buffet and catch up on everything that is happening in the School. We will be discussing and having nominations for our PTA Executive board and hearing news about the East-West Dragon Boat Team. Please join us for this informative meeting." If you have missed any portion of this message, please visit our website at www.ewsis.org. Thank you and have a pleasant evening.
Hola, Esto es la escuela East-west International school of studies llamando con un mensaje importante. Nuestra próxima reunión de PTA se celebrará este sábado el 14 de Mayo de 2011 a las 10:00 am. Por favor, únase a nosotros para un delicioso Bufé de día de la madre y ponerse al día en todo lo que está sucediendo en la escuela. Estaremos discutiendo y tener nominaciones para nuestra Junta Ejecutiva de PTA y noticias de la audiencia sobre el equipo de bote dragón de este-oeste. Por favor, Únase a nosotros para esta reunión informativa. Si han perdido cualquier parte de este mensaje, visite nuestro sitio Web en www.ewsis.org. Muchas gracias y tener una noche agradable.
您好! 這裹是東西方國際學習學校打來通知您, 五月份的家長教師會將於這個星期六, 五月十四日早上十點舉行。請一起來享用我們為您準備的美味母親節自助早餐並了解學校的近況。我們將會討論並提名家長教師會執行局成員以及有關學校龍舟隊的消息。請來參加這個有益的會議。如果您錯過此消息的任何部分，請查閱學校網站，學校網址是www.ewsis.org。謝謝您並祝您有個愉快的夜晚。
Dear East-West Parents and Guardians,
First, we are very sorry that our April PTA meeting was cancelled due to the closing of the school building. The school administration as well as the PTA was taken by surprise when we arrived at the school to find it had been locked due to construction. Our next PTA meeting will be held Saturday May 14, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. Please join us for a delicious Mother’s Day Breakfast Buffet and catch up on everything that is happening in the School.
The business portion of the meeting will include an important discussion about the PTA officer elections that will take place at our June PTA meeting. The job descriptions of the various officers can be found on the reverse of this letter. Please consider stepping up to help the school by running for a position on the PTA Executive Board. We will be discussing the role of the School Leadership Team and upcoming elections for parent representatives on it as well. You will hear an update on the status of the school’s new Dragon Boat Team, news about a fun (and filling) fundraising event called Empanadas from Around the World, and a briefing on the progress of our first school play, The 25thAnnual Putnam County Spelling Bee. We will also hear the latest news and information about East-West from the PTA and Principal, Mr. Sherman, as well as our Assistant Principals, Ms.Oh and Ms. Panday. And we do our best to allow plenty of time for a question and answer period so that the concerns of the parents can be addressed by the school administration. As always, Spanish and Chinese translators will be present to help out.
Please do join us on May 14 to get to know better our teachers, administrators, and other parents, and to help make the most of your child’s education.
PTA Executive Board
East-West School of International Studies
PARENT-TEACHER ASSOCIATION – EWSIS
Available Officer Positions: Duties & Responsibilities
• Presides at all meetings of the association
• Appoints chairpersons of PTA committees with the approval of executive board
• Attends all regular meetings of the District 25 Presidents’ Council
• Core member of the School Leadership Team
• Meets regularly with executive board to plan agendas for general membership meetings
• Signatory on checks
• Represents the PTA on district committees (or assigns a designee)
• Chairs the Membership Committee and generates a list of Members in Good Standing
• If Co-President becomes incapacitated, is removed, or resigns, the Vice-President will assume the powers and responsibilities of the Co-President until the Co-President is able to resume office or until a replacement is voted in by the membership
• Maintains official record of proceedings and actions of all association meetings, including notices, agendas, sign-in sheets and material distributed.
• Prepares minutes of each association meeting in time for review and adoption at next appropriate meeting. Make minutes available upon request
• Maintains log of all amendments to by-laws; ensures copies are on file in principal’s office
• Assists Treasurer with June transfer of all PTA records to incoming executive board
• Responsible for all financial affairs and funds of the association
• Maintains updated record of income and expenditures
• Signatory on checks
• Adheres to and implements all financial procedures established by association
• Provides financial reports at all association meetings
• Make available books/financial records for member viewing upon request and for audit
• Prepares and assists Secretary with June transfer of PTA records to incoming executive board
Dear East-West Families,
Our May PTA meeting which was scheduled for May 7th has been changed to Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 10 AM. Please note the date change on your calendars and plan accordingly.
More details about the meeting will be forthcoming. We hope to see you all on that day.
PTA Executive Board